We are currently seeking an outstanding and energetic individual to join us as our Health Services Assistant Director. The Health Services Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Health Services Director and Nurses with ensuring the highest degree of quality resident care as well as responding to the needs of the residents. The Health Services Assistant Director will manage the staffing schedule to ensure coverage, coaching, and supervision of staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the Health Services Director (HSD) in supervising all healthcare personnel to include assisting with hiring, training, evaluating, and counseling within established standard operation procedures.
- Assist with supervising, as needed, the schedule of all healthcare personnel.
- Serve as the department representative and coordinator of the Quality Assurance program for nursing services, as needed.
- Assess residents for change in level of care and coordinate billing for that level of care, medical appointments and coordinate required transportation.
- Reviews/revises assessments and care plans at admission, periodically per regulation and at change in resident physical or psychosocial condition.
- Provide intervention to respond to emergencies and problems.
- Participates in pre-admissions assessments for potential residents.
- Participates in all staff development programs to expand and develop abilities.
- Maintain a high degree of resident satisfaction through consistent delivery of high-quality service.
- Foster ideal demeanor, timeliness, work ethic while providing highest quality and optimum service.
- Assists Director with the maintenance and to all personnel policies, established community policies and procedures.
- Understands and implements the Fire Safety and Disaster Preparedness Plan and evacuation procedures of the community during drills and emergencies.
- Assists residents in scheduling medical, dental and laboratory appointments.
- Assists physician with resident examination as needed.
- Reviews and transcribes physician’s orders.
- Administers and documents medications in accordance to the five rights; right medication, right route, right resident, right time, and right dose.
- Provides medical treatments as ordered by physician.
- Supervises and monitors medications for residents who self-administer.
- Understands the resident’s Advance Directives and follow his/her wishes.
- Assists resident with meeting their nutritional/hydration needs.
- Answers residents call light promptly.
- Assisting with the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care provided on the shift.
- Follow OSHA compliance and back support procedures.
- Supervise associate dress code and name tags.
- Contact family emergency contacts as required.
- Assist in filling out Incident Reports for residents and associates to include tracking and trending of incidents, follow-up and investigation of incidents and reporting to State agencies as required.
Qualifications for the Assistant Health Services Director include, but are not limited to:
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state of Florida.
- At least 1 year of previous supervisory experience, preferably in a nursing setting, which included management, coaching and health care services.
- At least 2 year of previous relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of working with dementia diseases.
- Active CPR certification required.
And most importantly,
If you share our mission of providing an exceptional senior living, we invite you to apply.
|Job Category||Featured Positions, Living Well|