Tuscan Gardens® is a pioneer in providing upscale independent living, assisted living and memory care communities for our seniors. We believe our residents deserve to live by a higher standard in terms of surroundings, comfort, opportunity and beauty. Our commitment to providing the most exceptional senior living experience possible is dependent upon the optimal function of the physical plant.
As Community Maintenance Director, you will be an essential part of providing a warm, comfortable and welcoming place for seniors to call home. In this role, you will oversee the care and maintenance of the community, including maintaining an effective preventative maintenance program; the hiring, training and supervising of all plant personnel; the coordinating of life-safety and security programs; the procuring of supplies, material and equipment; and assisting with budget preparation and operating within budgetary guidelines.
· Maintain equipment, building, utilities and grounds with an adequate preventative maintenance program. Arrange for maintenance contracts as necessary.
· Maintain the emergency power generating equipment along with all fire and life safety equipment and fire drill and safety inspection reports.
· Provide residents and staff with a timely and effective response to service requests.
· Ensure all equipment and systems function properly and safely. Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations/ordinances.
· Advise and consult with the Executive Director in short and long-range planning to ensure that community physical plant and grounds are maintained in a good state of repair and that the community projects a good visual image to the community at large and on maintenance schedules and progress.
· Participate in the planning of the annual departmental budget, responsible to maintain all expenditures for department to remain within budget allowances, review monthly operating statement for accuracy and explains variances to budget.
· Maintain proper level of service repair parts for electrical, plumbing, laundry, lighting, refrigeration, HVAC, hardware, locks, batteries, tools, expendable supplies, emergency telephone and security equipment based on past and expected usage.
· Maintain and adjust computerized controls for HVAC and other equipment as necessary.
· Maintain vehicle fleet.
· Ensure compliance with applicable OSHA workplace safety requirements.
· Plan and initiate staff training in emergency preparedness, life safety, personal protective equipment, OSHA mandated training, and other required training.
· Hire, train, supervise, discipline, create work schedule for all Plant Operations.
· Maintain current listing of all contracted vendors.
· Procure supplies, material and equipment as requested by the Executive Director or other Leadership Team Members.
· Prepare and maintain required records, reports, analyses and studies.
· Operate as Level I technology support for Associates.
If you have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent in education, training and experience
- Minimum three years of experience as a maintenance supervisor in a similarly sized community
- The ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
- Thorough understanding of all building systems and their interdependence
- Extensive math and electrical background to meet the demands of the size and complexity of our community
- The ability to conduct independent assessments of a contractor’s compliance with requirements of Scope of Work
- Financial management practices and the application of contractor resources to meet commitments to the quality, safety, cost and schedule of systems
- The ability to contract provisions necessary to provide oversight of a contractor’s performance
- The ability to conduct independent assessments of the contractor’s maintenance training and qualification program(s)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Working knowledge of refrigeration, electrical, plumbing and pumping systems
- Doctor’s statement verifying you are free from communicable disease
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license consistent with the requirements determined by size of vehicle and laws of the state of Florida
- Personal driving record consistent with the requirements of Life Care Services Fleet Safety Policy
· High School diploma or equivalent in education, training and experience required.
· Minimum three years’ experience as a maintenance supervisor in a similarly sized facility required.
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· The ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
· Must have thorough understanding of all building systems and their interdependence;
· May require extensive math and electrical background based on size and complexity of facility.
· Be able to conduct independent assessments of a contractor’s compliance with requirements of Scope of Work.
· Possess financial management practices and the application of contractor resources to meet commitments to the quality, safety, cost, and schedule of systems.
· Have the ability to contract provisions necessary to provide oversight of a contractor’s performance.
· Conduct independent assessments of the contractor’s maintenance training and qualification program(s).
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, Excel, Internet and web applications, email, fax, and other technology.
· Must have working knowledge of maintenance: refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, and pumping systems
. Must have 2+ years of HVAC technical skills including diagnosing, troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC system issues
· Doctor’s statement verifying employee is free from communicable disease
. Senior Living experience preferred.
And most importantly,
If you share our mission of providing exceptional senior living, we invite you to apply.
|Job Category||Community Operations, Featured Positions|