Delray Beach, FL, Palm Coast, FL, Venice, FL
Posted 6 months ago
We are seeking a Full time Medication Technician (MedTech).
- Assist residents with medication as defined in medication procedure. Assist or supervises residents who self-administer medication. Exhibits understanding of and follows policy and procedures for medications. (Refer to state specific regulations for assistance with medication). Check and record vital signs, weights, and blood sugars as assigned.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan. Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible. Assists in providing appropriate information and behavioral prompts, cues, redirection and affirming support to residents in need. Reports any change in condition of resident(s) immediately to supervisor.
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or suites. May assist in preparing meals following preplanned menus. Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident’s right to free choice. Reports changes in resident’s eating habits. Supports hydration programs and good dining experience.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Support fall prevention programs for all residents in need. This includes proactive intervention use, monitoring, daily tidies to clear rooms of clutter, etc.
- Answer call lights promptly. Communicate proactively with team to ensure call lights are responded to timely.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping, following cleaning schedules for laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly to resident requests for assistance – including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Follows up on resident concerns as needed and directed by supervisor, maintaining resident confidentiality.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions and follow up as directed.
Qualifications: Education Required (Preferred):
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Medication Technician (Med Tech) certificate (for Florida) required
- CPR and First Aid certification required
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification preferred Years/months of Experience (Preferred):
- One year of experience working as a Medication Assistant/CNA/PCA/RA, preferred.
- One year of experience working in an Assisted Living or Health Care preferred. • One year of experience working with Alzheimer’s residents or other related dementia diseases, preferred
And most importantly,
If you share our mission of providing exceptional senior living, we invite you to apply.
|Job Category||Living Well|