Palm Coast, FL
Posted 6 years ago
Tuscan Gardens is committed to the proposition that every senior is entitled to live a life of Purpose, Passion, and Joy. Our mission is to create an environment in which they can experience that on a day by day basis. Each Executive we recruit, each Director we bring on, and each Associate we hire, shares that fundamental perspective which forms the very fabric of the culture of the Tuscan Gardens family.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all resident activities on a monthly basis. Manage the monthly calendar of activities. Present activity participation levels of resident at plan of care and evaluation team meetings.
- Prepare and distribute weekly program content.
- Gather information, articles, and photos for newsletter and social media.
- Plan and coordinate special events including events for seasonal holidays.
- Plan and coordinate arts program, entertainment for special events, monthly birthday parties, group games, weekly religious services and individual independent projects that reflect the “Life Enrichment” activities.
- Incorporate recreational activities from the community and develop close working relationships with community organizations.
- Maintain adequate supply of books, puzzles, magazines and games.
- May assist the Living Well Director in performing administrative functions (business letters), accounts payable, handling resident inquiries and conducting building tours; may also perform switchboard relief.
- Responsible for activity-related program training for all staff.
- May be responsible for transporting residents to appointments, as well as regular and special recreational outings.
- Oversees Signature Programming Assistant.
- Report all program policy/procedures discrepancies to Living Well Director.
- Degree/certification in recreational activities/life enrichment
- High school diploma or equivalent in education, training and experience.
Yeas of Experience:
- Two (2) years working experience in activities/life enrichment with seniors
- One year direct supervisory/management experience.
- The ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
- Knowledge of special needs of residents (physical, mental and social)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and/or Adobe Reader
- Strong interpersonal skills working with seniors; ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Patience and sensitivity to others needs; ability to work with community groups; willingness to work beyond normal working hours; may be subject to infectious diseases, substances and contaminated articles
- Doctor’s statement verifying you are free from communicable disease
- Current and valid driver’s license consistent with the requirements determined by size of vehicle and laws of the state in which the driver is licensed
And most importantly,
If you share our mission of providing exceptional senior living, we invite you to apply.
|Job Category||Signature Programming|