Dear Residents, friends, family, and future residents,
The health and safety of our residents and associates is our utmost priority.
We are closely monitoring the advisories and recommendations related to coronavirus (COVID-19) from the CDC. And according to CDC, our resident population is more vulnerable than the general public. In light of this, we have put in place some preventative protocols:
1. Due to the continued concern of outbreak with coronavirus, we are asking everyone to read this message. We ask that you do not visit our communities until further notice. We want to protect our residents and associates, to avoid any possible spread of illness. Signs have been posted at the front entrances of our communities expressing this request.
2. We are refraining family members from taking residents out of the community.
3. We are limiting resident transportation services to priority scheduled doctor’s appointments. We are eliminating outdoor excursions which involves public gathering spaces.
4. We are cancelling all remaining March events until further notice.
5. Residents admitted to the community or readmitted to the community from hospitals or rehabs are being assessed for symptoms of illness, to include flu-like symptoms or symptoms of respiratory infection. Appropriate infection prevention practices are being implemented accordingly.
6. For our associates, upon arrival for their scheduled work, their temperatures are checked, and we are accessing their whereabouts or activities after and before work. Associates are sent home immediately if they are feeling ill, have flu-like symptoms or symptoms of respiratory infection. They are also briefed daily on the dangers of COVID-19 should it ever reach our community.
7. We will continue to follow our precautions with increased cleanliness and sanitation for high touch surfaces, i.e. dining rooms, activity rooms, doorknobs, elevator buttons, faucets, and handrails.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of any of our leadership teams. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of your loved ones. We know you feel the same as we join together to ensure the health and safety of our Tuscan Gardens family.
Team at Tuscan Gardens Senior Living