Spiced rum fruitcake is a staple at Michael’s holiday party. Michael is the Culinary Services Director at Tuscan Gardens. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us!
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 package of dried fruit, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup spiced rum divided
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add walnuts, fruit, and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl mix the eggs, brown sugar and ½ cup of rum until smooth.
- Stir in fruit mixture and transfer to the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours.
- Remove and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Slowly pour remaining rum over cake.
- Cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife.