Spiced rum fruitcake is a staple at Michael’s holiday party. Michael is the Culinary Services Director at Tuscan Gardens. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us!
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups walnuts, chopped
1 package of dried fruit, chopped
3 large eggs
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup spiced rum divided
Grease a 9x5 loaf pan
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add walnuts, fruit, and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl mix the eggs, brown sugar and ½ cup of rum until smooth.
- Stir in fruit mixture and transfer to the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours.
- Remove and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Slowly pour remaining rum over cake.
- Cool completely before slicing with a serrated knife.