When it comes to choosing an assisted living community for your loved one, not only do you want the community to meet their physical and healthcare needs with professionalism, but you also want your loved one to experience the best quality of life possible.
Put most simply, the right community will allow your loved one to live their best days. When searching for the place that brings out your loved one’s best, consider the following facets of their new, everyday life:
The leading assisted living communities not only focus on the quality of the care they provide but also how they deliver support and assistance. When visiting a potential community, ask yourself these questions:
- Is the staff friendly, attentive and engaged in their roles?
- Do they treat the residents with respect, getting to know them as the individuals they are rather than just another resident?
- Is care provided in a way that balances needed support and a level of independence necessary to maintain dignity and self-esteem?
You want your loved one to enjoy doing the things they love and that bring meaning and a sense of purpose to each day. Consider these questions about community life:
- Is there a variety of activities, clubs, events, and outings for residents to choose from?
- Will my loved one be free to express his or herself, pursuing friendships, pastimes, and favorite activities?
- Are the residents’ individual preferences and interests taken into account to create personalized programs?
Look for a community that provides freshly prepared meals with nutritious ingredients that satisfy residents’ health and happiness. Ask yourself:
- Does the community offer options to appeal to different appetites and preferences?
- Can the dining staff accommodate dietary restrictions or limitations?
- Is the food appealing as well as nutritious?
- Does the atmosphere of the dining areas suit my loved one’s taste?
Your loved one’s new dwelling place should make them feel comfortable and secure, being well equipped to support their physical needs as well as their aesthetic sensibilities. When you take a look around a community, ask yourself (and staff, too):
- Are the common areas comfortable, accessible and tasteful?
- Is the space kept clean?
- Do the outside areas and landscaping provide opportunities for outdoor activities?
- Are resident suites private? Do they accommodate my loved one’s style, preferences and needs?
At the end of your search, you want to find a place that makes your loved one feel at home. Together, the quality of care, lifestyle, dining, and surroundings combine to create your loved one’s daily experience in an assisted living community.
The Art of Living
At Tuscan Gardens® of Venetia Bay, we’ve mastered the art of living. We’ve perfected the balance of personalized support and an uplifting lifestyle, helping our residents experience independence, joy, and meaning every day.
Offering supportive independent living, assisted living and memory care services for families in Venice, Florida, Tuscan Gardens of Venetia Bay was founded with one simple, yet profound goal – to create a community worthy of our parents. In all we do, we are guided by the principles of family, culture, and engagement, working to represent the remarkable way of life our families deserve.
The essence of our community is made up not only of mere aesthetics but an artfully designed lifestyle to bring out the best of what each day has to offer. From dedicated care that respects residents’ individuality and dignity to a lifestyle that nurtures their love of life, Tuscan Gardens was built to be more than just a residence, but a place to call home.
To learn more about our comfortable, elegant community, contact us today!