- 5 lbs beef brisket
- 1 tbs ground black pepper
- 1 tbs Kosher salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 lb carrots, sliced
- 1 lb yellow onions, sliced
- 1 lb celery sliced
- 2 tbs granulated garlic
- 4 ea bay leaves
1. Season the meat with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
2. Place the onions, carrots and celery in a large roasting pan. Place the brisket on top. Add the bay leaves.
3. Cover a third of the way with the water and cover.
4. Roast in the oven at 275 degrees F for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is fork tender. Add water as needed.
5. Reserve the liquid, remove the bay leaves.
6. Let cool, remove any excess fat. Slice against the grain.
7. Take the liquid and puree in a robot coupe and serve with the brisket.