- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl mix together the oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the almond extract and beat in the eggs.
3. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Gradually stir in the egg mixture. Mix in the cranberries and nuts by hand.
4. Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
5. Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
6. Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.